Don’t work too hard — Take our Labor Day quizComments Off on Don’t work too hard — Take our Labor Day quiz
It’s Labor Day weekend.
That late summer break symbolizing back to school, the start of football season and unofficially, the start of Fall.
Actually, the holiday holds a far more important role in the history of the country labor movement and social and economic achievements of American workers.
Labor Day is a yearly tribute to the contributions American workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well being of America.
Whether you are working or taking the day off, happy Labor Day and take our quiz to see how much you know about the holiday.
1. When does Labor Day fall every year?
2. According to the most recent numbers from the Department of Labor, how many Americans are employed in the United States?
3. When did the idea to create a holiday for working Americans come about?
4. Which U.S. city held the first Labor Day parade?
5. What was the original federal minimum wage?
6. A major event that helped spur the creation of a Labor Day was:
7. Does the rest of the world celebrate Labor Day in September?
8. What was the largest worker’s strike in U.S. history?
9. The Labor Day bill was passed under this U.S. President:
10. The American work force is among the world’s most educated. This translates into higher incomes. Of these nations, which one has the highest share in its country of college educated adults?