Tampa Bay Weather: Warm and sunny week aheadComments Off on Tampa Bay Weather: Warm and sunny week ahead
Here’s what you need to know about Tampa Bay’s weather for the week ahead:
- Expect warmer conditions near normal Monday afternoon
- Temperatures will climb into mid 80s
- Mostly sunny to partly cloudy skies
High pressure over the area will move into the western Atlantic Ocean on Monday. The low level wind flow will veer to southeast, bringing a slow increase moisture to the area.
Expect Monday morning to be the last with slightly below normal temperatures for a while. Skies stay clear. Warmer and near normal conditions return Monday afternoon.
Clouds will start showing up by Monday afternoon. Winds will be light, so a sea breeze will again form. Temperatures will climb into the mid 80s near the coast to upper 80s inland.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
For Monday through Thursday, high pressure will extend from the western Atlantic Ocean into central Florida. This will maintain low level southeasterly to easterly flow. Humidity will increase. However, it looks as though moisture will remain insufficient for rainfall.
As high pressure in the upper atmosphere builds in overhead, expect temperatures to climb each day, so highs in the upper 80s and some 90s are expected by Wednesday afternoon. A sea breeze will form each day, keeping the coastal areas a little cooler though.
Later in the week, high pressure over the Atlantic will shift eastward, allowing a weak cold front to move into the region Friday into Friday night. Even though the front will be falling apart, this appears to be the next best chance at rainfall. The rain chance is 10 percent.
The remains of the front looks to drift through the area on Saturday, giving us another 10 percent chance of showers. On Sunday, slightly drier air will move in.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app
Friday morning low temperatures
- Crystal River 46
- Inverness 46
- Zephyrhills 46
- Brooksville 48
- New Port Richey 54
- Brandon 54
- Bartow 54
- Lakeland 55
- MacDill Air Force Base 56
- Ruskin 57
- Clearwater 57
- Winter Haven 58
- Tampa 61
- Bradenton 61
- St. Petersburg 67