Weather forecast: Chance of showers tonight, Sunday and Monday drierComments Off on Weather forecast: Chance of showers tonight, Sunday and Monday drier
Here’s what you need to know about weather for the rest of the weekend:
- Chance of thunderstorms continue into Saturday evening
- Sunday and Monday should feel less tropical as moisture moves away
Deep tropical moisture still lingers over the Tampa Bay area through tonight.
So, chances for showers and thunderstorms continue through this evening. Tonight storms will end, it will become partly cloudy, muggy, with some morning fog.
- Hurricane Center | Supply Checklist | Printable Hurricane Preparedness Guide | Your Pictures
- ON-THE-GO: Bay News 9+ App | Watch Live | Twitter | Facebook | Weather Alerts
Sunday into early next week, some of the tropical moisture moves away. This will get us back into a more normal summer pattern, with light easterly flow.
Expect scattered afternoon thunderstorms along the sea breeze. Rain chances will be highest Sunday and Monday across western and central Florida, where the sea breeze collision will occur. By Tuesday, prevailing winds become westerly. So the higher rain chances then shift eastward.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app