Weather Forecast: Storms will continue into the eveningComments Off on Weather Forecast: Storms will continue into the evening
Scattered showers and thunderstorms have formed quickly this afternoon and will last into the evening. Storms are likely to move slowly resulting in a few locations with heavy rain totals.
- Weather pattern unstable today due to cold air pattern
- Heavy thunderstorms possible this evening and tomorrow
- Tuesday will be hot and humid with light winds
With an upper low still present over the northern Gulf, cold air will lead to extra instability today. Because of this, storms will be on the strong side.
Expect lower coverage of thunderstorms tomorrow, so rain chances are down on Tuesday. It will still be hot and humid with light winds.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Later on Wednesday, a cold front will move into North Florida. This will switch the prevailing winds here to westerly. Showers and storms on Wednesday will start earlier in the day at the coast.
Thursday, the cold front may edge south far enough for the Nature Coast to get a little sample of some less humid air. Farther south, the humid onshore winds will continue. Showers and storms will start early in the day near the coast and will then shift inland.
In the tropics:
Showers and thunderstorms associated with a broad area of low pressure located about 950 miles east-southeast of the Windward Islands have increased and become slightly better organized since yesterday.
A tropical depression is likely to form during the next day or two while the system moves westward to west- northwestward at 15 to 20 mph.
Regardless of development, heavy rains and strong gusty winds, possibly to tropical storm force, are expected to spread over the Windward Islands and portions of the southern Lesser Antilles beginning late Tuesday or Wednesday.
An Air Force Hurricane Hunter aircraft is scheduled to investigate this disturbance on Tuesday afternoon.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app