(Note: Last updated 8:40 p.m. ET)
The tropical wave near Cuba remains disorganized. It will not have an impact on our weather this weekend.
- The system is poorly organized
- We’ll know more by Sunday
- What exactly are the spaghetti plots?
- Information You Need | Supply Checklist
Strong winds are still preventing it from developing, so the more likely scenario is that it moves westward without developing for a couple days, ending up near Key West by late Sunday.
Early next week on Monday or Tuesday it will likely move northwest into the Gulf. That is where it will have the best chance of developing, if it ever will.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
- Please make sure to check our website and Bay News 9 app and watch our Tropical Updates each hour at :49.
Whether it develops or not, we could end up with higher rain chances next week due to higher moisture content in the atmosphere.