Rolling Stone claims Peachey’s Baking Co. donuts puts Krispy Kreme to shame and I completely agree. Owners, Sadie and Nate Peachey, are truly masters at the art of making donuts and pretzels. The dough is so soft and tasty. It just melts in your mouth.
They started off as a food truck in Sarasota, Florida and now travel around to festivals around the country.
Carlos Eats team member, James Thach, went out to meet with the owners and shoot some content that will make you hungry.
Comments Off on 7 new foods to eat at Florida State Fair 2019
There are less than 10 days to go until the Florida State Fair comes back to Tampa for 2019 and they have a good amount of new food items coming for your waistline. Here are 7 new food items available this year.
Black Cherry Burger – Carousel Foods: Many of the past hits or mouth-dropping food items have come from Carousel Foods at the Florida State Fair such as the ramen burger and mac and cheese burger. This year they have a burger filled with cherries, basil, shallots, garlic, and a cherry orange relish on a brioche bun. Intriguing? Yes. Will it be tasty? We’ll find out soon enough.
2. Rainbow Grilled Cheese – The Giddy Piggy: This one is for the ‘gram as kids like to say. Rainbow everything is usually a huge magnet for Instragram influencers. This grilled cheese features Gouda, mozzarella, and provolone.
3. Cuban Pizza – Pizza Emporioum: It was only a matter of time before Miami’s crazy Cuban sandwich pizza traveled back across the state. This pizza features a Dijonnaise base topped with a mozzarella and Swiss blend, roast pork, ham, and pickles. Make sure to go and have a real Cuban Sandwich later around Tampa, where Cuban Sandwiches were created and home of the annual International Cuban Sandwich Festival.
4. Red Beans and Rice Funnel Cake – The Best Around: A new funnel cake arrives every year to test our willingness to take our appetites on a new horizon. The batter for this funnel cake has spices, red beans, and rice mixed into it. It is then topped with smoked sausage, peppers, onions, and beans on top. I almost want to throw some sour cream and guacamole on this bad boy. Maybe I’m on to something…
5. Giant Mozzarella Cheese Stick – Angela’s Pizza: One of the great pleasures of the fair is not second-guessing having a giant corn dog or a giant turkey leg. Now cheese fans have something for them with a giant mozzarella cheese stick that has over 1/4 a pound of mozzarella cheese inside. Hopefully some marinara comes with it.
6. Coconut Cream Doughnut – Peachey’s Baking Co. – You simply have not gone to the Florida State Fair if you have not stopped by Peachey’s Baking Co. for a delicious doughnut or pretzel. It is some of the best food I have had in my life. They were known before as the Amish Baking Co.
7. Fried Cookie Dough – The Happy Dough – Considering how popular cookie dough is now as a food trend, why not eat it fried? Flavors include classic chocolate chip, birthday cake, and peanut butter cookie dough.
What are you looking forward to trying at the Florida State Fair? I am personally dreaming of a footlong corn dog and some french fries right now…and now the wait begins.