Pollo Tropical is joining forces with World Central Kitchen for Bahamas relief. Pollo Tropical is pledging “a dollar donation for every Pollo Tropical Original Family Meal purchased” at any of the 140 company-owned locations from September 15th through October 6th to the Bahamas recovery effort.
“Florida was spared from the devastation of Hurricane Dorian, but our friends in the Bahamas were not. Our Pollo Tropical family is committed to helping those affected by providing Chef José Andres with funds needed to help feed the families affected by the storm.” said Richard Stockinger, Chief Executive Officer and President of Fiesta Restaurant Group, parent company of Pollo Tropical.
World Central Kitchen (WCK) is a not-for-profit non-governmental organization devoted to providing meals in the wake of natural disasters. Founded in 2010 by Chef José Andrés, the organization’s method of operations is to be a first responder and then to collaborate and galvanize solutions with local chefs to solve the problem of hunger, immediately following a disaster. Find out more at wck.org.
September 19, 2019 |
September 7, 2019 |
Ready to eat some barbeque for a good cause?
4 Rivers Smokehouse will break their “closed on Sunday” policy on Sunday, September 8th to help raise funds for Hurricane Dorian relief in the Bahamas. Contributions from Sunday will go to benefit World Central Kitchen, a non-profit that is devoted to providing meals in the wake of natural disasters.
World Central Kitchen is headed up by Chef José Andrés who led efforts in Puerto Rico after Hurricane Maria with over 2 million meals served in the first month.
4 Rivers will be open from 11AM to 3PM and will offer regular dine-in, to-go, and takeout menus. The COOP in Orlando will also be open from 10AM-3PM.
“As Floridians, we know all too well the destruction hurricanes can cause and it saddens us to see the devastation caused in the Bahamas by Dorian,” said John Rivers, 4 Rivers Founder and CEO. “Community is the core of our brand, so the entire 4R family is proud to contribute to relief efforts in the Bahamas by raising funds on Sept. 8 at our 4 Rivers Smokehouses and The COOP.”
Participating locations include:
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Carrollwood located at 14330 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33618
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Coral Springs located at 2660 N University Dr, Coral Springs, FL 33065
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Gainesville located at 3262 SW 35th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Jacksonville located at 9220 Baymeadows Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32256
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Kissimmee located at 874 W Osceola Pkwy, Kissimmee, FL 34741
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Longwood located at 1869 W State Rd 434, Longwood, FL 32750
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Orange Park located at 220 Park Ave, Orange Park, FL 32073
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse South Tampa located at 623 S MacDill Ave, Tampa, FL 33609
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Tallahassee located at 1817 Thomasville Rd #100, Tallahassee, FL 32303
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse UCF/East Orlando located at 11764 University Blvd, Orlando, FL 32817
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Winter Garden located at 1047 S Dillard St, Winter Garden, FL 34787
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse Winter Park located at 1600 W Fairbanks Ave, Winter Park, FL 32789
- The COOP located at 610 W Morse Blvd, Winter Park, FL 32789
September 6, 2019 |
Are you looking to help the survivors of Hurricane Dorian? Armature Works located at 1910 North Ola Avenue in Tampa is working to help the victims of the storm.
AW Mercantile, located inside of Armature Works, will act as a collection center for baby supply items daily through next Monday, September 10th from 9AM to 7PM. You can also bring hurricane relief supplies over to Boca Kitchen Bar and Market at either the SoHo Tampa or Brandon location, Ciro’s Speakeasy and Supper Club, or Sea Critters Café in Pass-a-Grille.
All donors will receive a voucher good for 10% off at all Armature Works concepts and any of the aforementioned Armature Works affiliate family of restaurants. All donations will be delivered to SOL Relief, which focuses on “providing humanitarian aid and disaster relief with the use of aviation”. For more information about SOL Relief, visit solrelief.org.
Armature Works proprietors, Chas and Taryn Bruck, through The Bruck Family Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization, will match any donated items received during this drive.
At least 60% of homes in the Bahamas were destroyed when Hurricane Dorian passed through and at least 7 people were killed.
September 4, 2019 |
August 29, 2019 |
March 20, 2019 |
February 21, 2019 |
October 12, 2018 |
October 10, 2018 |
October 9, 2018 |
Hurricane Michael is heading into the Gulf of Mexico and into more favorable conditions for strengthening.
October 8, 2018 |
September 11, 2018 |
September 10, 2018 |
September 9, 2018 |
September 8, 2018 |
June 1, 2018 |
Spectrum News | Bay News 9
Executives told state regulators that Florida’s power companies are positioned to avoid the pitfalls encountered in the wake of Hurricane Irma.
May 2, 2018 |
Spectrum News | Bay News 9
All five living former U.S. Presidents joined forces Saturday night for hurricane relief efforts.&nb
October 22, 2017 |
Fast moving Nate is getting stronger as it moves toward the Gulf of Mexico. Nate could become a
October 6, 2017 |
In an active season that has spawned Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria, NOAA’s Hurricane Hunters hav
September 28, 2017 |