6 Health Symptoms Men Shouldn’t IgnoreComments Off on 6 Health Symptoms Men Shouldn’t Ignore
38% of men visit the doctor only when extremely sick. But just because you feel healthy doesn’t mean you are healthy.
“See your doctor if you experience any of these symptoms and put you, and your family’s mind, at rest,” recommends Dr. Mark Swierzewski, Medical Director of Florida Hospital Carrollwood Men’s Health Services.
1. Chest pain could mean a heart attack, but it could also signal pneumonia, acid reflux, or a pulmonary embolism.
2. Blood in your urine could be prostate cancer or an enlarged prostate but could also signal bladder or kidney stones.
3. Shortness of breath could mean a heart attack, or it could be COPD, lung cancer, or pulmonary hypertension.
4. 70% of erectile dysfunction cases are caused by another condition, like diabetes, multiple sclerosis, heart disease, kidney disease, neurologic or vascular disease.
5. Excessive thirst is often the first sign of diabetes but could also indicate a severe infection, a failure of the heart, liver, or kidneys.
6. Continual memory loss could signal Alzheimer’s disease, brain tumors, encephalitis, or stroke.
Contributor: Dr. Mark Swierzewski, Medical Director of Florida Hospital Carrollwood Men’s Health Services
For more info or to make an appointment, visit FHCMensHealth.com