COLIN: Live updates on Tampa Bay area floodingComments Off on COLIN: Live updates on Tampa Bay area flooding
Despite a track to make landfall north of Tampa Bay, Tropical Storm Colin is causing concerns locally.
Coastal flooding is expected overnight, especially from Tarpon Springs northward through the Nature Coast, as that’s where the hightest tides will be between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Several areas will see tides that may be 3 feet to 5 feet above their expected mean tide levels.
Among the high tides being watched closely are in St. Pete, Anna Maria, Davis Island, Pass-a-Grille, Clearwater Beach, Aripeka, New Port Richey and Crystal River.
The high tides for overnight:
- Anna Maria: 3:30 a.m.
- St. Pete: 6 a.m.
- Davis Island: 6:03 a.m.
- Pass-a-Grille: 4:26 a.m.
- Clearwater Beach: 2:48 a.m.
- New Port Richey: 3:43 a.m.
- Aripeka: 4:04 a.m.
- Crystal River: 4:48 a.m.
Watch Weather on the 9’s every 10 minutes on Bay News 9 or on the BHTV app to get the latest on tide and flooding conditions throughout the Tampa Bay area.
- Bay area Marine weather
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
- Information You Need | Supply Checklist | Hurricane Myths | Hurricane Glossary | Take Our Quiz
- INTERACTIVE: County-by-County Resources | INTERACTIVE: Online Tracking Map
- PRINTABLE: Hurricane Preparedness Guide and Tracking Chart | Latest Headlines | Your Weather Pictures