Pulse shooting: Vigils in Orlando, Tampa areasComments Off on Pulse shooting: Vigils in Orlando, Tampa areas
Vigils, remembrances and events around Central Florida and the Tampa Bay area in memory of the victims of the Pulse nightclub shooting.
- The latest: Orlando shooter investigated by FBI in 2011, 2012
- The City of Orlando asking people to hold off on vigils:
— Orlando FL (@citybeautiful) June 12, 2016
Vigils are Sunday, June 12th unless otherwise stated. We will add to this as we get more:
- Baitul-Aafiyat Mosque: 9501 Satellite Blvd, Suite 103, 32837-8445. Prayer service to be held at 8 p.m. Sunday for victims of Orlando nightclub shooting.
- The Center: 946 N. Mills, Orlando. Will hold news conference at 5 p.m. Also making grief counselors available and has opened an emergency hotline.
- Christ Church of Orlando: 2200 South Orange Ave. Open to first-responders and workers for rest and prayer. 6 p.m.
- Ember, Orlando: 42 W. Central Blvd., Orlando, 32801. Restaurant/bar holding plans a candlelight vigil for 7 p.m. Sunday.
- The Experience Christian Center: Prayer vigil at 6:33 p.m. to be held at Jones High School. Gov. Rick Scott and other Central Florida officials have been invited.
- Parliament House, Orlando: Vigil planned for 7 p.m.
- St. Cloud City Hall: 7:30 p.m. vigil planned near the flagpole. Please join Deputy Mayor Jeff Rinehart as he leads us all in a moment of silence and prayers for the victims and families of those who have been hurt in this tragic event. We request that if anyone has a candle they wish to light, please bring it.
- Food Truck Bazaar: 7 p.m. Pastor Jody Mask will be leading a vigil. All welcome.
- Rollins College: A Vigil for Peace will be held 6/13 11:30 a.m. at Knowles Memorial Chapel.
- Kissimmee: 5:30 p.m. Prayer Vigil at City of Life Church in Kissimmee. 2874 East Irlo Bronson, Kissimmee.
- Joy Metropolitan Community Church: Equality Florida outreach group is hosting a vigil at 6 p.m. at 2351 S. Ferncreek Ave.
- Mental Health Association of Central Florida (MHACF)- Offering counseling services, 1525 E Robinson St, Orlando, FL 32801.
- Lake Eola: June 19th at 8 p.m.
- Sanford Candlelight Vigil for Orlando: June 15 at 6:30 p.m. at Fort Mellon Park, 600 E. 1st Street.
- Tampa: Curtis Hixon Park location changed to Ybor Metro Wellness & Community Center, Ybor. 1315 E 7th Ave, Tampa: 7-10 p.m. Bring candles, flashlights and lighters. Meeting at the park at 7 p.m. Group will march silently down River Walk. Bring walking shoes and water.
- Inverness: 5-6:30 pm. Wallace Brooks Park, 328 E Dampier St, Inverness Florida. Meet under the pavilions next to the 9/11 memorial. Family is welcome, and candles will be provided.
- St. Pete (Grand Central Dist.): A group of local gay bars and restaurants are holding vigils at 7 p.m. tonight. They are on the Grand Central District, 28th and Court Avenue in St. Pete.
- St. Pete (City Hall): 8 p.m. at St. Pete City Hall steps. Address: 175 5th St. North
- St. Pete: 99.1 VIGIL; 9 p.m. – midnight Location: 3621 Central Avenue.
- Gulfport: Gulfport Candlelight Vigil at the Gulfport Library at 8 p.m., south end of library by the flag poles
- Lakeland: Vigil Monday in Lakeland at 7:30 p.m. at Lake Mirror for the Pulse nightclub victims.