Tampa Bay Weather: Hail blankets parts of Polk CountyComments Off on Tampa Bay Weather: Hail blankets parts of Polk County
Here’s what you need to know about the Tampa Bay area’s weather for Friday:
- Scattered showers, thunderstorms still expected
- Highest rain chances in northern counties
- Low temperatures in mid to upper 60s
Severe thunderstorm movin over parts of Polk County, bought hail, wind and lightning Thursday evening.
The earlier strong storms have died down and moved out of the area. There will still be some scattered showers overnight into Friday morning. Morning lows will bottom out in the 60s again. There could be some areas of patchy fog early in the morning but it will burn off quickly after sunrise.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
Friday will feature partly sunny skies with a 50 percent coverage of scattered storms. The storms again will tend to develop along the sea breeze and then drift inland and eastward as the day progresses into the evening. Some of them will be severe with strong winds and large hail.
High temperatures will top out in the low to mid 80s.
There will be some lingering storms into Friday evening, but most of them will die down by midnight. Friday night lows will be in the 60s.
There will still be a chance for some scattered storms Saturday afternoon but Sunday will be drier and less humid after a front passes through.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app