Tampa Bay Weather: Inland areas could see highs in the 90s MondayComments Off on Tampa Bay Weather: Inland areas could see highs in the 90s Monday
Here’s what you need to know about Tampa Bay’s weather for Sunday night and the start of your work week:
- Summer-like temperatures continue
- A few stray showers in the afternoon and evening
Atlantic high pressure continues to ridge back to the west over the Florida peninsula and eastern Gulf, keeping our winds light. A complex frontal system remains well to our north and northwest.
Clusters of showers and storms are forming and ongoing in advance of this front. The only impact from these storms that we may see is some increase in high clouds overnight across the Nature Coast.
A few pockets of fog are likely in the hours before dawn. Low temperatures will be seasonably warm with upper 60s inland and lower 70s along the coast.
- Klystron 9 Radar | Temperatures | Dew point/humidity | Rainfall totals | 7-day forecast
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9+ app and get Klystron 9 and Safety Net alerts wherever you are.
For Monday, overall the pattern is not all that different from Sunday. The most influential difference may be that the upper level environment will be slightly more moist, making the chance of sea breeze storms slightly more likely.
The sea breeze will develop and will push inland just a little faster than Sunday. Locations away from the immediate coast will push 90 for high temperatures.
At the coastal areas, temperatures will hold in the 80s with the development of onshore flow during the afternoon.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app