Weather forecast: Afternoon rain chances on tap for FridayComments Off on Weather forecast: Afternoon rain chances on tap for Friday
The return to typical summertime weather pattern has set up as high pressure holds over the Deep South.
- Clouds to build by Friday afternoon
- 50 percent coverage by the end of the evening
- Slight drop in rain chances during weekend
Southeast low level steering flow around Western Atlantic high pressure builds back into the area and holds in place.
Patchy low clouds and some fog will burn off this morning. Skies will be partly cloudy today.
Expect the west coast sea breeze to develop a few showers and storms into the afternoon. Then the east coast sea breeze collision and outflow boundaries will drive the late afternoon into evening convection back towards coastal areas in the evening.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9.
High temperatures will be in the lower to mid 90s.
This more typical summertime pattern will persist into next week.
Southeasterly flow will continue. Moisture amounts will vary from day to day, but in general will be enough to aid scattered afternoon storms over the weekend and then scattered storms Monday through Wednesday.
Storms will be sea breeze driven and mainly occur during the afternoon and early evening hours each day before moving out into the Gulf of Mexico.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app