Weather Forecast: More afternoon storms on tap todayComments Off on Weather Forecast: More afternoon storms on tap today
There will be mostly sunny to partly sunny skies today.
- More showers and storms Tuesday
- Strong storms possible
- High temperatures in upper 80s
There is a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms.
An upper low is in the northeast Gulf of Mexico and Florida with an onshore wind developing in our area. Isolated showers and thunderstorms will be developing this morning near the coast. Scattered storms will move east with the sea breeze today. A strong storm is possible this afternoon.
High temperatures will be in the upper 80s to low 90s. Coastal areas will be coolest due to an onshore breeze.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9
Isolated showers and thunderstorms tonight. It will be partly cloudy. Low temperatures will be in the low 70s in our northern counties and the mid to upper 70s in Tampa Bay.
Wednesday will be partly sunny with scattered showers and thunderstorms. The rain chance is 40 percent.
High temperatures will be in the upper 80s near the coast to the low 90s inland.
The first cold front of the season will move to Florida later this week. How far south the boundary gets will determine how much dry air moves into our area, but some lower rain chances and lower humidity are possible beginning Thursday night and Friday.
The drier air won’t last long with scattered storms returning to our area beginning Sunday.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app