Weather forecast: Rain is likely for SundayComments Off on Weather forecast: Rain is likely for Sunday
Here’s what you need to know about the Bay area weather this weekend:
- Sunday should be slightly cooler with higher rain chances
- Lows in the mid 70s in northern counties, 80s around the coast
Sunday morning will be a typically humid and muggy one with lows in the mid 70s north, to around 80 near the coast. Through the early morning there will be a rather expansive area of marine showers and storms in the Gulf.
Sunday looks very similar to Saturday, but greater storm coverage is expected. A slight increase in moisture along with a weakening of the upper ridge of high pressure should allow for more expansive storm coverage. With little steering flow, storm motion should be very slow and primarily driven by outflow. Heavy rainfall will be a concern, along with frequent lightning and gusty winds.
It is likely the initial development will start around Tampa Bay with storms building southward along the sea breeze thereafter. Inland areas also will see decent storm coverage as we remain in the light southeast flow regime. This should allow the east coast sea breeze to shift westward across much of the state.
- Klystron 9 | 7-day forecast | Local forecast | Printable Hurricane Preparedness Guide | Your Pictures
- ON-THE-GO: Bay News 9+ App | Watch Live | Twitter | Facebook | Weather Alerts
High temperatures may come in a couple of degrees cooler, with lower 90s common.
For the workweek, the winds will stay light, which will allow for a sea breeze to develop along both the west and east coast. But with a slight westerly flow, the west coast sea breeze will shift inland a bit faster. This will cause the highest chances of showers and storms to develop over the interior counties where the boundaries converge through Tuesday.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app