Weather forecast: Scattered storms as we move into eveningComments Off on Weather forecast: Scattered storms as we move into evening
Here’s what you need to know about weather in the Tampa Bay area for the weekend:
- Saturday evening will feel similiar to Friday
- Lows in the mid 70s
- Sunday will be hot with a few scattered storms by early afternoon
Scattered showers and storms will increase into the early evening. The east coast sea breeze will approach, colliding with the west coast sea breeze. Storms will end later this evening. Skies will then clear.
- Klystron 9 | 7-Day forecast | Local temperatures | Travel weather
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9.
Similar to the night before, southeasterly winds will likely lead to some showers and thunderstorms across the Gulf waters through morning. Lows will be again in the mid 70s north and inland to upper 70s to 80 around Tampa Bay.
For Sunday, slightly stronger southeasterly winds will keep the sea breeze close to the coast during the day.
A few storms will develop in the early afternoon close to the coast. Showers and storms will start early on the Atlantic side of the state along the east coast sea breeze. These will move westward toward Tampa Bay on the prevailing southeast winds. Showers and storms will increase by late afternoon as the two sea breezes collide.
With a similar pattern to the last couple days, rain chances Sunday are not much different. Highs will again be in the low to mid 90s.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app