Weather forecast: Some showers overnight into MondayComments Off on Weather forecast: Some showers overnight into Monday
Here’s what you need to know about the Bay area weather heading into Monday:
- Some marine showers, storms in the Gulf
- Monday morning muggy, light winds
- Highest chances of rain shift inland in afternoon
Monday morning will be a typically humid and muggy one with lows in the mid 70s north to around 80 near the coast. Through the early morning there may be some marine showers and storms in the Gulf. A few showers will be possible developing onshore by daybreak.
Throughout Monday the winds will stay light, which will allow for a sea breeze to develop along both the west and east coast. But with a slight westerly flow, the west coast sea breeze will shift inland a bit faster. This will cause the highest chances of showers and storms to shift inland over the interior counties toward afternoon, where the boundaries converge.
- Klystron 9 | 7-day forecast | Local forecast | Printable Hurricane Preparedness Guide | Your Pictures
- ON-THE-GO: Bay News 9+ App | Watch Live | Twitter | Facebook | Weather Alerts
Tuesday and Wednesday, the winds will shift to a more defined onshore west-southwest flow. This will allow for the rain and storm chances to start early at the coast.
Then, the showers and storms will shift more inland and eastward as the sea breeze pushes farther inland. This pattern will remain unchanged through the end of the week and into the weekend.
No temperature changes are expected, even with a weak front moving in just to our north. With westerly winds, daytime highs will be in the upper 80s near the coast to low 90s inland, while overnight lows will remain in the mid to upper 70s.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app