Weather forecast: Storms move into the Gulf Saturday nightComments Off on Weather forecast: Storms move into the Gulf Saturday night
Here’s the Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday night heading into Sunday
- Storms started along Nature Coast around noon
- Temps tonight in the low 70s to 80
- Above normal temps this weekend
Heavy storms will push back into the Gulf through this evening with the southeasterly prevailing winds. Storms will end tonight. Low temperatures will be the same as the last several nights, in the mid to upper 70s. A few showers or storm could start near the coast toward Sunday morning.
For Sunday, an upper level low northeast of Florida’s east coast will move southwest across Florida. There will be some drier upper level air moving into the Nature Coast, which may reduce the coverage of storms somewhat in Citrus and Hernando Counties.
Scattered sea breeze driven showers and storms will develop in the afternoon. The upper low may cause some very strong storms with strong gusty downburst winds and/or hail along with locally heavy rains and more frequent lightning strikes.
- WEATHER ON THE GO: Download the Bay News 9 app and get Klystron-9 alerts wherever you are.
- GET WEATHER ALERTS: Sign up to receive weather text alerts from Bay News 9.
By late Monday the upper level low that has been overhead over the last day or so will move west into the Gulf. Upper level high pressure is expected to move back in overhead. Surface high pressure will be nearby, keeping our winds southeast but light.
Daytime heating and sea breeze/outflow interactions will support scattered showers and thunderstorms. These showers and storms will generally be afternoon to early evening.
- LIVE interactive Klystron 9 map
- Custom Safety Net storm alerts
- LIVE interactive Real Time traffic
- Upload pictures to Bay News 9 from the app